2016 is the Year of Transition
2016 marks 6 years that the Luther family have been serving in the Dominican Republic. God has done some amazing things over that 6 years…
- Started a church in a village
- Shared the gospel with thousands of people
- Seen well over 1000 people give their lives to Jesus
- Started an abstinence education ministry in the local schools
- Started the first ever Pregnancy Resource Center in the Dominican Republic
- Reached over 400 women with the gospel through the PRC
- Led numerous men’s and women’s bible studies over the years.
- Shared the gospel on the radio to hundreds of thousands of people
- Hosted numerous short term mission teams and seen lives changed by serving on those teams
- Trained a whole team of people to carry on the ministry in the DR
- And most important… Saved the life of a little baby boy with HIV who was on the verge of death!
While God has done amazing things during this past 6 years, we know that He has even better plans for the future of Living Sent Missions(LSM). LSM will continue, but it will look a little different. The PRC has a great team of people to continue the work and the Luther’s will continue to lead and host mission teams through out the year to the DR, as well as fund raise and help with collecting resources for the PRC. While LSM will continue on because this ministry belongs to God and not the Luther’s, God is taking the Luther family into a new season over the next year.
As many of you know, the Luther’s have been in the process of adopting Franklin for the last 5 years. It has been a long road, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. As this adoption comes to an end over the next 7-10 months, the Luther’s will be preparing and moving forward with their transition. There are so many things to prepare for… As most of you know, the Luther’s sold everything they owned before moving to the DR 6 years ago; and as they prepare to start a new season of their lives back in the States, there will be many expenses like finding cars, (they now have 2 more teenagers who are driving), buying furniture and domestic supplies, finding a new place to call home where Franklin can feel safe and protected, establishing themselves in a community, jobs and establishing income so that all your support can go toward the PRC, acclimating themselves back into American culture (which has changed over the last 6 years), preparing their son for college and equipping him for the real world (having a job).
The list could go on and on, but you get the point. This transition is not something that can happen over night, so we have some requests.
- First of all, please pray for the family!
- If you have been a monthly financial supporter, please know that this transition will take some time and without your support, the transition cannot happen and the Pregnancy Center would not continue. We can’t do this without you….
- The Luther’s will need to raise some funds to help with the expenses of starting their life over in the States
If you would like to give a one time gift to help with the transition, please give by:
Sending a tax deductible donation made out to Living Sent Missions to: P.O Box 2976, Hendersonville, TN 37077 (please write “Transition” in the memo line of your check)
Give a one time tax deductible donation here.
What about the Pregnancy Center?
Corelia, the director of the Pregnancy Center, is a very capable leader and the Center will continue to run under her supervision after the Luther’s return to the States.
Corelia and her husband, Jose Louis, will also be the feet on the ground for Living Sent Missions in preparing the work that will be done for the upcoming mission teams after the Luther’s are completely State side at which time the Luther’s will lead and prepare those teams.
The abstinence ministry will also continue with the help of short term mission teams and our abstinence educator, Rikelvin Lopez.
Finally, this transition will be a process that takes time and the Luther family needs your encouragement and support over the next year in order for it to go as smoothly as possible. Please remember to pray! Below you will find a link to a video that talks more about the transition. If you would like to send a word of encouragement, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org